Thursday, December 07, 2006

As I sit here...

As I sit here, the screen door next to me is swinging for no reason...noisily. It startled me at first...now? I am used to it.
I have two exams tomorrow...my studying has been fruitless...my head is drowning in a swarm of swampy bullshit that is too watery to allow anything useful to stick...
...screen door again...
Sleep does not beckon tonight...it attempts to drag me forcefully through its eerie depths that are filled with fitful shifting and erratic night-thoughts... how can emptiness awaken you from slumber?
...creaking of the screen door...
Maybe someone is out there, watching me...well, he or she is not in for very much excitement this evening, if I am the sole entertainment...perhaps I could employ the voyeuristic character to give me a lobotomy?
A windless night and a swinging door...do I dare look out the darkened glass to chance the sight of eyes meeting mine? To see a face emerge from the shadows? Or just be content with ignorance...?
Ignorance is awesome bliss...but it catches up to you...time, karma, ignorance...what doesn't stalk you through life?
As I sit here...I should be sleeping.

No comments: