Sunday, January 28, 2007

Horses and Hot Tubs


I have not hung out with horses a lot in my life.
Saturday, out in Abbotsford at a farm, I spent the day feeding horses and talking to friends. The 70+ horses were behind stalls and fences, so all I really saw were their big-snouted faces.

When the time came to go back to the hostess's home, we had to trudge through a field of muck to reach the far gate. As I was focusing on not losing my boots in the mud, I fell behind from the group and did not notice a horse wander up until it was behind me. I was unaware that there were even horses in that field, so the curious beast that began to nudge my back was a complete suprise. I turned around in time to see 5 more horses began to trot over from the barn. It had the feel of a horror movie...Zombie Horses....or something of that sort...
They edged closer...I had never been alone with so many horses before...well, at least not standing besides them in a field. Usually they were behind a stall...I had forgotten that they had bodies...

An excellent day of horses, wine and hot tubs...

1 comment:

Richie said...

Hey Conquer, sounds like a spooky experience. Horses are noble animals but there is something otherworldly about them.

Speaking of otherworldly, I listened to the two songs you have on myspace... Is that really you singing? Sounds like a demon from hell, which is the impression you're after, no doubt.

I hope you take care of your vocal cords because that style of singing could be bad in the long term. Not wishing to sound like a parental figure, of course. I myself have been known to rock righteously, on occasion.